Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sophia



Sophia- that is the beautiful name we had picked out for our beloved little sister we were never given the chance to meet. Why God chose to take her before we were given the chance to spend any time with her, I don't think I will ever understand. All I know is if it wasn't for this little sister of mine, I don't think I would be at the place where I am in my relationship with God. It took having things I cared so much about taken away to make me realize my life is nothing without God. He needs to be my everything and I need to rely on him in every area of my life. Everything, including the life of my unborn siblings belong to him, not me. It took the loss of a sister for me to really comprehend how great God's love for me is, in that, He loves my sisters and family more then I ever could, and yet he was willing make her life so incredibly short to bring me back to him. If I think the death of those I love is hard for me, God loves them even more than I do, he made them and planned their lives, and yet he used their life and death to show me his love and faithfulness.

I looked up the meaning of Sophia's name and this was something I came across today-

Sophia means Wisdom-

Job 28:12-13
But where can wisdom be found?
Where does understanding dwell?
No mortal comprehends its worth;
it cannot be found in the land of the living.

How appropriate that the name we had picked out for our sister meant wisdom. And wisdom is from God. All wisdom is of God not man, It belongs with God. God understands it's true worth, Man can not even begin to understand. God understands the worth of my sister's life more than I ever could.

Our sister belongs to God and belongs with him. He chose to keep her with him. While she is not here in broken land of the living with her family, I have every reason to believe she is with her Heavenly Father, where wisdom dwells, with the creator and sustainer of all life and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment